Topic Brainstorm

 Trickster: The topic of tricksters really interest me because I find stories about playing tricks on others and being sneaky very amusing. I do not have much pervious knowledge in these types of stories, but I think that retelling one of these stories would be really fun to do. I read the story Coyote and Porcupine and I really enjoyed all of the different tricks and plot twists within the story. I think it would be fun to retell a story like that. 

 

OU Ghosts: This topic really interest me because when I was growing up, my mother worked as a mortician/funeral director, so I have had my fair share of paranormal occurrences. She had a spare bedroom next to the morgue that we would use when there was bad weather that had a lot of paranormal activity in it. I think researching OU’s ghost would be really interesting to learn about. I looked at an article by Kate Carlton Greer about OU’s ghosts and I was fascinated by the stories. 

 

Blackbeard: I clicked on this topic because I was lucky enough to get to tour his home in Beaufort, North Carolina. It was very interesting because we went to his house later in the evening and were able to do a ghost tour because it was reported that many strange occurrences happen there, such as people seeing the ghost of Blackbeard. I think I could use my knowledge and memories from the trip to write an entertaining story about the legendary pirate. 

 

Bible Stories: I think retelling a story about David and Goliath would be really fun to do. Growing up, I heard the famous story of David and Goliath time and time again, especially in a sports setting when the other team was bigger, faster, and stronger than us. It is one of my favorite biblical stories because it’s a story of the underdog winning the fight!



David and Goliath (source: Wikipedia)

Comments