Microfiction: Two stories about life

 Rabbit’s Great Discovery 

One afternoon, rabbit decided to leave his hole. He had always heard stories about humans, but he had never seen one. He hopped through a lush meadow, around a trickling stream, and stopped once the grass under his feet changed to asphalt. Rabbit hopped through town for a bit, then it happened, he stumbled upon a human. The human shook the rabbit’s hand then answered all of rabbit’s questions about humans. Rabbit was intrigued. He had never seen anything like this human before. Everything rabbit’s parents and friends told him were true! Humans are as stupid as they say! 


Don’t Settle!


When in doubt, try it out!



Author’s Note: The first story is based upon the first presidential debate. The second story is about taking a chance in life!



The Rabbit (from Wikipedia)

Comments

  1. I really just sat here for 5 minutes trying to make the connection between the first and second story because I didn't scroll far enough to see the author's note. I thought you were trying to say that rabbit wasn't sure if humans were really that stupid based off what others said and "when in doubt, tried it out" and tried to befriend a human before realizing how stupid we are. I don't think that was your intent but.. I think it kinda works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your second story was just a single line, which could really be seen as a life motto, to be quite honest. I was a little confused by the first story, just based on the beginning, wondering where it was going, but I actually found it pretty funny. It kind of reminded me of a stand-up joke where you don't exactly know where it's going, but then you suddenly get to the punchline and it all comes together. The story set-up made it feel like the rabbit would discover something extraordinary, but nope, humans are just stupid. At first glance, the story can seem really weird, but I think once you embrace it, it's a great microfiction. Good job!

    ReplyDelete


  3. Hello!
    The first story is a little jarring until you realize it all a silly joke. The set up reminded of the Brer Rabbit stories. It was simple and funny. I agree with the rabbit's assumes at the end.
    Though you the word count was limiting, I think your descriptions of the setting were fair enough for me to picture.

    I can also agree with your second story. Its good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Levi! I agree with radominic that the premise of the first story reminded me of Brer Rabbit. Microfictions are hard due to the limitations imposed by a word count, but utilize every potential available word by making contractions and things like that so you can add details to make your writing more clear! Overall, I enjoyed reading your great stories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment