Reading Notes: Noah and the Ark-Part A

 Noah: very obedient and loyal to God, saved humanity, great leader. One of my favorite character traits about Noah is that he follows God’s orders to build an ark without hesitation, expressing his loyalty to God. 

 Noah Character Strengths: Loyal, trustworthy, obedient 

 

Noah Character Weakness: He’s human, he’s not perfect, he had temptations

 

God: I like the section of the story in which God makes a covenant with humanity to never harm them again until judgement day. 

 

Setting descriptions: The story is filled with words that promote the imagination, such as the flood was 15 cubits high. I googled the measurements of a cubit, and one cubit is roughly 1.5 feet. I liked how the animals were described, fowls, clean/unclean beasts. 

 

Hollywood ideas: I think if I directed a TV series about Noah, I would have Clint Eastwood play Noah. I think that he would be a good fit because he is always stone-faced and would be able to pull of the role. 


Bibliography: Noah Unit, King James Bible, Genesis 5-6: Link to Story

                        Legends of the Jews, Louis Ginzberg: Link to Story

 


Noah’s Ark (source: needpix.com)

 

Comments