Reading Notes: The Hare that Was not Afraid to Die

 The Hare that Was not Afraid to Die Notes:

  • Hare: Most interesting character, shows a lot of humility and courage, is also very selfless. If the Hare was cast in Hollywood, I think it would be played by Tom Hanks because in every movie he does, he usually plays the most likable character and his characters are usually very courageous and brave. I’d say the Hare’s greatest strengths are friendship and loyalty since he is willing to sacrifice his body and stays true on his word

  • Setting: I was able to visualize the setting of the story very well because of all of the use of imagery. Phrases the author used such as the banks of the Ganges River and laying in the Kusha grass really allowed me to visualize the setting of the story and have a mental picture of the landscape of the story. 

  • Point of view: I liked that the story was told in third-person point of view because it was nice that I was able to read all of the characters thoughts and actions which helped me place the story together. I would not have been able to follow along as well if this story would have been told in first-person point of view. 

  • Ending of the story: Being so pleased that Sakka placed an image of the Hare on the moon was a really cool ending to this story. I like that Sakka was so impressed by the Hare’s selflessness that he put a permanent reminder on the moon to honor the Hare. 
Bibliography: Marie L. Shedlock, The Hare that Was not Afraid to Die


Rabbit in the Moon (Source: Wikipedia)

Comments