My Favorite Place: Woodland Park, Colorado

 My favorite place to visit is Woodland Park, Colorado. I usually visit Woodland Park twice every summer for about a week at a time to do some trout fishing and enjoy the cool temperatures in the mountains. My family has had a cabin in Woodland Park since the 1940’s, so I have been lucky enough to travel up there since I was a little guy. Apart from trout fishing, I also enjoy hiking, exploring, and visiting historic towns in the region such as Cripple Creek and Estes Park. I hope I continue to be able to visit Woodland Park in the future with my friends and family. 


Creative Common Image by Beverly & Pack

Comments

  1. Oh wow, how great to have had a connection like that to Colorado all your life, Levi! That's wonderful! I've been to Estes Park because my cousin ended up moving to Colorado, but I've only been there a couple of times. Maybe you will want to learn some of the legends of the Rockies and of the people who have lived there; there are many different tribes that have lived in Colorado (link)... and there are lots of wonderful full-text books online if you want to read and explore their stories and legends: Native American books at the Freebookapalooza link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment