Microfiction: House on Red Street, Life

 House on Red Street

Billy and George were told to never enter the house on Red Street. The house was said to be haunted by many ghosts and goblins, but Billy and George never believed the stories. One day, Billy looked at George and said, “Man, lets go check out that house on Red Street. I’m tired of listening to those nonsense stories about the supernatural.”George, hopping on his bicycle, replied, “thought you’d never ask!”. So the two boys rode their bikes to the house on Red Street. As they approached the house, fear began to set it in. Billy, looking at George, said “yeah, let’s just go get some ice cream instead”. The boys rode off laughing. 


Note: I wrote this story because Halloween is coming soon, and I’m a big chicken!




Life


Laughing is better than crying 


Note: Live life positive and upbeat!




The House (Source: Pikist)

Comments

  1. I like your description about the episode when two boys choose to change their decision and go get some ice cream. I think it is a good way to show their fear and let the readers to imagine what they saw and heard when they approached the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Levi! I enjoyed reading your microfiction story. It's very short but very interesting. I like how you described how the two young boys were excited to go to a haunted house but when they got close to the house they changed their mind. I suppose because they got a little scared by getting closer to the house, maybe they heard something and that made them change their mind. Very nice ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Levi! I thought your microfiction was great! I totally thought that something bad was going to happen to Billy and George in the end. I like how you ended up having them change their minds. I also love that you wrote it because Halloween is coming soon. I also was thinking about writing a Halloween themed story. However, I like more dark/twisted endings haha. Is the "Life" story a shortened version of the "House on Red Street"? I wonder if you could instead say something like "Billy and George chickened out" so it could still seem like the same story. Or if you keep the same line for the "Life" story you could change the "House on Red Street" by adding Billy and George crying somewhere. What if you wrote another 100 word story. The exact same as "The House on Red Street" but give it an alternate ending to where Billy and George end up crying?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment